The Warfare Of Science With Theology
Andrew Dickson White [ 1832 - 19xx ]
Note:* In this computerized version of this work all footnotes will follow immediately after the asterisk (*) and not at the bottom of the page as in the printed volumes. These notes will be between lines at the top and bottom (the same as this note) and we suggest these notes be skipped over when reading for general information. This is necessary to prevent the notes from being misplaced in the various electronic formats this work will be transfered into.
- CHAPTER I: FROM CREATION TO EVOLUTION
- CHAPTER II: GEOGRAPHY
- CHAPTER III: ASTRONOMY
- CHAPTER IV: FROM "SIGNS AND WONDERS" TO LAW IN THE HEAVENS
- CHAPTER V: FROM GENESIS TO GEOLOGY
- CHAPTER VI: THE ANTIQUITY OF MAN, EGYPTOLOGY, AND ASSYRIOLOGY
- CHAPTER VII: THE ANTIQUITY OF MAN AND PREHISTORIC ARCHAEOLOGY
- CHAPTER VIII: THE "FALL OF MAN" AND ANTHROPOLOGY
- CHAPTER IX: THE "FALL OF MAN" AND ETHNOLOGY
- CHAPTER X: THE "FALL OF MAN" AND HISTORY
- CHAPTER XI: FROM "THE PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR" TO METEOROLOGY
- CHAPTER XII: FROM MAGIC TO CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS
- CHAPTER XIII: FROM MIRACLES TO MEDICINE
- CHAPTER XIV: FROM FETICH TO HYGIENE
- CHAPTER XV: FROM "DEMONIACAL POSSESSION" TO INSANITY
- CHAPTER XVI: FROM DIABOLISM TO HYSTERIA
- CHAPTER XVII: FROM BABEL TO COMPARATIVE PHILOLOGY
- CHAPTER XVIII: FROM THE DEAD SEA LEGENDS TO COMPARATIVE MYTHOLOGY
- CHAPTER XIX: FROM LEVITICUS TO POLITICAL ECONOMY
- CHAPTER XX: FROM THE DIVINE ORACLES TO THE HIGHER CRITICISM
The Bank of Wisdom is run by Emmett Fields out of his home in Kentucky. He painstakingly scanned in these works and put them on disks for others to have available. Mr. Fields makes these disks available for only the cost of the media.
Files made available from the Bank of Wisdom may be freely reproduced and given away, but may not be sold.
Reproducible Electronic Publishing can defeat censorship.
The Bank of Wisdom is a collection of the most thoughtful, scholarly and factual books. These computer books are reprints of suppressed books and will cover American and world history; the Biographies and writings of famous persons, and especially of our nations Founding Fathers. They will include philosophy and religion. all these subjects, and more, will be made available to the public in electronic form, easily copied and distributed, so that America can again become what its Founders intended --
The Free Market-Place of Ideas.
The Bank of Wisdom is always looking for more of these old, hidden, suppressed and forgotten books that contain needed facts and information for today. If you have such books please contact us, we need to give them back to America.
Bank of Wisdom
Louisville, KY 40201