Richard Carrier, Ph.D., is a philosopher and historian with degrees from Berkeley and Columbia, specializing in the contemporary philosophy of naturalism, and in Greco-Roman philosophy, science, and religion, including the origins of Christianity. He blogs and lectures worldwide, teaches courses online at Partners for Secular Activism, and is the author of many books, including his defense of a naturalist worldview in Sense and Goodness without God, his academic case for the nonexistence of Jesus in On the Historicity of Jesus, his work on historical methodology in Proving History, his responses to 21st century Christian apologetics in Why I Am Not a Christian and Not the Impossible Faith, and an anthology of his papers on the subject of history in Hitler Homer Bible Christ. He has also authored chapters in many other books, and articles in magazines and academic journals, and on his namesake blog, covering subjects from politics and philosophy to feminism and polyamory. For more about Dr. Carrier and his work see www.richardcarrier.info.
Note: In addition to the books listed below, Richard Carrier was a contributing author to the following books:
The Empty Tomb: Jesus Beyond the Grave
The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails
The End of Christianity
Christianity Is Not Great
For more information, see Richard's bio in the Secular Web Modern Library.
- Not the Impossible Faith: Why Christianity Didn't Need a Miracle to Succeed
- Proving History: Bayes's Theorem and the Quest for the Historical Jesus
- Sense and Goodness without God: A Defense of Metaphysical Naturalism
- Why I Am Not a Christian: Four Conclusive Reasons to Reject the Faith
- Antony Flew Considers God...Sort Of
- Belief, Truth, and the Columbine Tragedy
- Doctors Pronounce Jesus Dead!
- In Memorial of the Victims of Mass Murder
- Jewish Law, the Burial of Jesus, and the Third Day
- Lawyer vs. Theologian: The Tabash-Craig Debate
- Of Love, Brunettes, and Biology
- Our Meaning in Life
- Predicting Modern Science: Epicurus vs. Mohammed
- The Bonebox of James: Is It Physical Evidence of the Historicity of Jesus?
- The Koran Predicted the Speed of Light? Not Really.
- The Real Ten Commandments
- The Secular Web in the News...Sort of
- True Bible Found - "Holy Shit!" Says Pope