John L. Perkins
Birth Date (YYYY.MM.DD): 1950.10.28
- B.Sc. (Honors) Mathematics, Monash University, 1973.
- B.Sc. (Honors) Computer Science, Monash University, 1973.
- B.Ec. (incomplete) Australian National University, 1974.
- M.Sc. Economics, University of London (Birkbeck College), 1979.
- Ph.D. Econometrics, Monash University, 1986.
- Member of the Humanist Society of Victoria
- Member of the Rationalist Society of Australia
- Demographics and Consumer Demand Systems
- "Belief in Evidence and the Immorality of Religion." Australian Humanist No. 66 (Winter 2002).
- "Humanism and Morality." Australian Humanist No. 67 (Spring 2003).
- "The Economic Cost of Religion." Australian Humanist No. 68 (Summer 2003).
- "Economics and Humanism." Australian Humanist No. 69 (Autumn 2003).
- "Human Development in the Arab World." Free Inquiry Vol. 24, No. 3 (April/May 2004).
- "The Great Fraud against Humanism." Australian Humanist No. 77 (Autumn 2005).
- "Religion and Vilification." Dissent No. 17 (Autumn/Winter 2005).
- "Peace, Prosperity and Propriety: Is Religion Good?" Australian Rationalist, under submission.
- "Why Religion is a Burden not a Benefit." Free Inquiry, under submission.
- "Economics and Optimal Morality." Politics, Philosophy and Economics, under submission.
- Assistant, Economics Department, Birkbeck College, 1974-1978
- Tutor, Department of Econometrics, Monash University, 1975-1986
- Research Economist, National Institute of Economic and Industry Research, 1986-2005
- Consultant, self-employed, software and hardware development, 1991-2005
Homepage URL: http://www.alphalink.com.au/~jperkins/Articles.htm