Brief Biography of
Name: Ed Buckner
Born (YYYY.MM.DD): 1946.03.08
Occupation: Educational Researcher
- Ph.D. Educational Leadership (Educational Foundations), Georgia State University (1983)
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction (Secondary English), Georgia State University (1975)
- B.A. English, Rice University (1967)
- Atlanta Freethought Society (Vice President)
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Council for Secular Humanism
- Democratic Party
- Freeedom From Religion Foundation
- Quotations that Support the Separation of State and Church (co-authored with Michael Buckner)
- "Ideas conservadoras y Trabjo Social" (original title: "An Empirical Analysis of the Attitudes of Social Workers in the United States"), Revista Trabajo Social, No. 55 (1988), pp. 52-57. With Howard Epstein; translated into Spanish by Jorge Naranjo Candia; Revista Trabajo Social is a Chilean social work journal.
- "Urban Schools: A New Era?," a review article, Urban Resources, Vol. 2, No. 2 (Winter 1985), pp. 51-53.
- "By Their ZIP Codes Shall Ye Know Them," in Beyond 1984--Proceedings: Seventh Annual Conference of the Southern Future Society (Ermel Stepp, Jr., ed.) Huntington Beach, West Virginia: Marshall University, 1985, pp. 83-85.
Other Relevant Misc. Info:
- Award for excellence in teaching, Georgia State University Foundation, 1980-1981 and 1983-1984.
- Elected to College of Public and Urban Affairs Executive Committee, 1983-1985.
- Elected as Senator for Urban Studies Department, Georgia State University Senate, 1985-1986.