The Secular Web is published by the Internet Infidels, an educational nonprofit organization of unpaid volunteers dedicated to the growth and maintenance of the most comprehensive freethought web site on the Internet. Our mission is to defend and promote metaphysical naturalism, the view that our natural world is all that there is, a closed system in no need of an explanation and sufficient unto itself. To that end we publish the very best secular books, essays, papers, articles and reviews. We also stand as a bulwark against the forces of superstition, especially the radical religious right, whose proponents would have us fear knowledge rather than embrace it. We want to uphold the dignity of humanity and to encourage the avid pursuit of philosophy and the scientific enterprise. To disbelieve in the gods, as Emma Goldman wrote, is at the same time to affirm life, purpose, and beauty.
None published on the Secular Web.
- Atheist Jokes 1
- Bush 'Faith-Based' Initiative Clears House Ways and Means Committee
- Coming Soon! The Official Internet Infidels T-Shirt!
- They're Almost Here! The Official Internet Infidels T-Shirts!
- They're Here! Get the Official II T-Shirt Today!
- George W. Bush Launches 'Values Campaign'
- White House Report Promotes Illegal Aid to Religion
- We Needed $100 from 100 People and Our Loyal Fans Came Through!
- "Biblical law" attorney withdraws name
- Ashcroft and the Religious Right
- TV Preacher Resumes Political Crusade
- Country Runs On Judeo-Christian Ethic?
- Creationism in Colorado School District