Bart D. Ehrman
Bart D. Ehrman is a world-class biblical scholar and the author of more than twenty books, including the New York Times bestselling Misquoting Jesus. Ehrman is the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and is a leading authority on the history of the New Testament, the early Church, and the life of Jesus. He has been featured in Time and has appeared on NBC's Dateline, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, CNN, The History Channel, major NPR shows, and other top media outlets. Ehrman became an Evangelical Christian in his teens. His desire to better understand the Bible led him to the study of ancient languages and textual criticism--which resulted in undermining his faith in the Bible as the inerrant, unchanging word of God. He now considers himself an agnostic.
- Jesus: Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millenium
- The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture: The Effect of Early Christological Controversies on the Text of the New Testament
- The New Testament and Other Early Christian Writings: A Reader
- The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings
- Misquoting Jesus : The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why
- God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question--Why We Suffer
- Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (And Why We Don't Know About Them)
- Forged: Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are
None published on the Secular Web.